Thinking about Veneers? You Need an Expert Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist to Install Them
Los Angeles Dentist, Dr. Arthur Kezian practices in Cosmetic Veneers
If you have always dreamed about having a beautiful smile, getting it is now a reality – thanks to porcelain laminate veneers. But, since getting veneers is a permanent process, you need to head to a Los Angeles cosmetic dentist who is well-versed in the process.
No matter what your dental problem is, a great cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles can solve it with veneers. Veneers can be used to alter the position of your teeth, along with modifying their shape, size, and color. Veneers are not the only way to make cosmetic changes, but they are the best. In fact, they are far superior to crowns!
To make room in your mouth for the veneers, your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist will have to reduce the thickness of your teeth by about 0.5 mm – or, about the thickness of a contact lens. It may sound like a lot, but it’s really only a minor reduction. But, that tiny tooth reduction is also what makes getting veneers a permanent process. That’s why you need the very best Los Angeles cosmetic dentist to handle the procedure!
f you are considering getting veneers, there are some other things you need to know:
- Getting veneers doesn’t hurt. However, if you are very sensitive, you can always ask your dentist to give you a local anesthetic.
- From start to finish, it takes about a week to get your perfectly-crafted smile. You will have to do to your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist twice to get everything done. First, he will reduce your teeth and make a mold for your veneers. Then, that mold will be sent off to a lab. That’s where your veneers are actually built. About a week later, you will go back to the dentist and have your veneers installed.
- During that week, you may experience some sensitivity to hot and cold – thanks to the reduction of enamel on your teeth. However, it will go away as soon as your veneers are installed.
- To apply your veneers, your dentist will use resin and a white light to hold everything in place.
- Once they’re in, veneers are incredibly sturdy. They can handle virtually anything you throw at them during the course of a normal diet. However, if you want to keep your veneers looking great, you should stop doing things like opening pistachio nuts with your teeth, chewing on bones or ice, or eating jelly apples.
How Should You Maintain Your Veneers?
Keeping your veneers in tip-top shape doesn’t require much extra work.
You’ll start the maintenance process about a week after your veneers are installed. A good cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles will want to make sure that everything looks the way it should and that your gum tissue is responding to the veneers the way it should And, of course, if you have any questions, your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist will be able to answer them!
Simply brush and floss them like you normally would. Just like natural teeth, you need to take care of them! As long as you use a non-abrasive toothpaste, you cannot damage veneers by routine brushing and flossing.
You will also need to visit your dentist for your regular check-ups and cleanings. That way, your veneers will look great for years to come!
If you are a bruxer or clencher, let your Los Angeles cosmetic dentist know when you first get your veneers. That way, he can build a custom nite guard for you to wear, so that you don’t put any extra wear and tear on your veneers while you’re asleep.
By finding the right cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles, you can treat yourself to a beautiful smile – that will give you a reason to keep you smiling for years!